Sunday, August 21, 2011

The end...

I liked the end of this book!  Sebastian finally got what was coming to him.  However, I almost wish he would have lived just so that he could suffer through the consequences of what he had done and what he finally couldn't get away with. 

Ill be honest too, I had my suspicions with Waters.  I wasn't sure 100% sure if he really was on Maureen's side or not.  But in the end he did finally help her out.  I know Waters was probably doing everything by the book, but Maureen couldn't just sit and wait for things to happen to her, I really liked that she became very pro active about her situation.

Throughout all of this she really showed her strong side and her independence, and she found out what she wanted to do with her life and who she wanted to be.  How weird it is that she started out this book and this whole saga with her having a little too much coke and too much to drink, and it ended with her joining the force.  Her character really made a 180.  She always seemed to me to have a good heart just the wrong circumstances.  And in her final circumstance (which was not a good one) she made it on her own (slightly).  Her supporting characters did help her, but she was for the most part doing things her way.

I feel really bad for those that lost their lives during this book, but Maureen made it so that others would not.  I really enjoyed this book.  What did you guys think.

2 comments:

  1. I also like the ending of the story. It really is great that Maureen found her niche in life and it really showed through this part of the book since she was bent on protecting herself and getting Sebastian.
    All along I was for Waters but also thought he was taking his time trying to catch up with Sebastian and that he was a bit careful with trying to 'nail him' without all the proof he needed in order to go by the book.
    Maureen did show how strong she was and how convinced she was that she would get the better of Sebastian and his support group. I like how she was going to do this on her own and keep her mother, John and his girlfriend out of it as much as possible. Very commendable. Amazing, like Aunt Joyce, how political figures feel they can get away with it because they think they are untouchable since they are in politics. And of course, that's how it is in real life all too often. I did really like the book and actually can see a follow up with Maureen and her new career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this book interesting and it held my interest to see how Maureen could get out of this mess she had been involved in. Am so glad at how it all turned out. Am proud of Maureen to be able to get a new life for herself. It seems that through her hardships, she was able to learn and realize that her previous way of living was for the birds.

    I agree with all of you on this.

    Jen, let us know when you'll have time to start back up again.

    ReplyDelete